This week I am taking a moment away from my normal blogs to just encourage everyone to be thankful. One important role we have as leaders is to encourage and motivate our teams. And one of the best ways of doing that is to show gratitude for what they do for you. So this week, let’s be thankful. Let’s show appreciation to those we work with, to the customers who we work for, for the business partners we work with.
Take a look around you. There are many things to be thankful for. Here are a few suggestions for your to-do list this week:
- Say thank you to your team members. They don’t hear it enough. Be generous to them. If you can, give them some time off (close the office early Wednesday if possible). Send a card, write a personal note. Walk around your office and actually say “thank you” and shake their hand.
- Say thank you to your customers. Many of you probably do this already. Send a sincere note of thanks. A hand-written note is always a nice touch. In today’s business world, an email is acceptable.
- Say thank you to your suppliers. This can often be a tenuous relationship. If you’ve had some challenges with a supplier this year, send them a thank you note and just let them know that you still appreciate your partnership and you want it to continue. Remember, they are probably working on their 2019 plans right now, and you want to be part of them.
- Say thank you to those who have brought business your way. More than likely someone has referred a customer or prospect to you. Send them a note to let them know you appreciate that. Hopefully, that will remind them to do it again next year.
- Say thank you to your family. They put up with your long nights. Your moodiness when work isn’t going well. And they support you even when you aren’t that fun to be around. (Let’s face it, you know that is sometimes the case).
Thank you from me
For me, I have so much to be thankful for. This year has been very exciting. With the launch of my new business, I have had so much help and encouragement from so many of you.
- For my clients (you know who you are), thanks for having faith in me. I love working with every one of you. It’s such a rewarding thing.
- For my FocalPoint family, thanks for trusting me with your brand. I’m so impressed with all of the coaches and resources you have made available to me.
- For my network, those hundreds of people that have been encouraging me throughout this year. Thank you very much. I couldn’t do it without ongoing encouragement.
- For my mentor coach, who encourages me, picks me up and helps me with the tools of the trade. Thanks!
- For the organizations that I am a part of – chambers, networking groups, church groups, OCEF board, Leadership Oldham County, and so much more. I so appreciate the connections I’ve made this year.
- And to my wife, Debbie, and my family, thanks for encouraging me and putting up with me this year.
I have so much to be thankful for. I hope you do as well. I look forward to seeing what the rest of the year brings, and look forward to an incredible 2019.